Monday, May 11, 2009

Project Evo X- Basic bolt on mods





We're not at BMW N54 power levels, but its not bad for two less cylinders! Ingredients: 2008 Evo X GSR, Ultimate Racing full TBE w/ O2 housing and upper intercooler pipe, K&N drop in, GST boost assembly, and Dyno4mance tuned Ecuflash mapping. Red graph is all, blue is stock CBE, heaps quieter, but crazy resonance at high RPM from flapper valve. Need to get that rectified so I have a quieter solution. As you can see, the power difference is nominal.

Images of the car:



6 comments:

Unknown said...

Is it tuned? As soon as I pay off my X I'd like to bump it to 400hp or so. Do you think intake/porting/cam/injectors/tune could get you there without an FMIC or turbo upgrade?

I'm going to start with drop-in/CBE/tune but I'm wondering where the next "bang for the buck" stopping point would be.

Seth said...

If you mean 400hp crank, sure. 400whp on this dyno I use needs a turbo. :(

Unknown said...

Yeah, I've done some homework in the last week and 400 awhp is a pretty tough number to hit. It looks like 360-370 is the sweet spot with full bolt-ons. There isn't a lot of affordable turbo options right now for the X, with the FP Red being dominant. Maybe by next Summer when I'm ready for a turbo there will be something from BBK, etc.

Seth said...

FP has the Red for $1199 without a core, and I think that's insanely cheap. All you'd really need are injectors, exhaust, upper IC pipe, and it'd be ready to go!

Unknown said...

I did see that deal on the Red.

Do you know how you go about selecting an injector size? I've been reading the forums for a few weeks and it almost seems random.

Seth said...

I think if you're not gonna run E85 or anything weird, 760cc and up should give you ample headroom. Are you on EvoM? Shoot me a PM; I'm on there 50x more than here and we can talk about it easier. ;)